Wednesday, February 24, 2010

True? Or A Head Fake?

Stenny Hoyer says comprehensive healthcare "reform" may not happen:

"House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., said comprehensive reform would be best but it's not all or nothing.

"We may not be able to do all. I hope we can do all, a comprehensive piece of legislation that will provide affordable, accessible, quality health care to all Americans," Hoyer said at his weekly media briefing. "But having said that, if we can't, then you know me - if you can't do a whole, doing part is also good. I mean there are a number of things I think we can agree on."

Reality setting in?  Or an attempt to draw attention away while they try to "Rahm" it through?  I remain cynical.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure Rahm is to blame for the health care ram. I've seen the argument that Rahm was busy building up a Dem majority among the moderates in Congress. If health is jammed thru, these moderates stand to lose their seats in massive numbers. This leaves Rahm holding the bag for their demise and would severely hurt his political credibility. I think that argument has some logic. And, you know, I'm such a Rahm Emannuel fan (some sarcasm there).

    There's a reported schism in the White House and "ultimate insider" Valerie Jarrett may very well be the one pushing for big govt. health care at any political (and financial) cost-- plus Obama himself of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Yukio, for your comments. You always add value and insight. I am most appreciative of that.

    From what I have read since your post, I'd have to agree with you.

    Thanks again for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete